Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Project 5: Armadillo Handled Toothbrush

Prototype for an idea first suggested on the excellent blog http://dumbcoffeeshopideas.wordpress.com/












Ergonomic for easy handling





I didn’t mean to take so long with this project, but I was beset with difficulties.
First I developed respiratory problems from all the sawdust in our apartment,
and couldn’t continue carving until Katy came home with some surgical masks.






Then, once I could breath again, I accidentally decapitated and dismembered
the first armadillo. I started over, and so went the legs on the second armadillo!
At that point I decided it would be better to just fuse some toothpicks together
with wood glue, which is sort of how real armadillo legs look anyways. They
dried upright in some potting soil.



Breeding legs out of the dead land.




Originally posted April 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment